Pages

Sunday, March 19, 2006




Spring Break in Georgia

This months’ adventure took place in the southern temperate forests of Georgia. Although in the title I stated it was my spring break, and indeed I was off from work and school, the weather was still not quite like typical spring. For a Floridian like me it was still a little cold there, dipping down into the high thirties one night. Building a camp fire was one of the most enjoyable activities, not only because I may be a pyromaniac but because the warmth generated from the fire felt quite pleasant.


Another lovely place that was visited was the creek that ran through the 3100 acres of land that my friends are leasing. It was not running fast, but it was running, and the animal tracks up and down the banks showed that the water source was essential for sustaining the local habitat.


Mostly deer, raccoon and turkey tracks were seen. As we were looking for good sites to erect tree stands I came across a small rat snake and also a couple of armadillos. On a trip to the small town we saw a couple of hen Turkey and a male Gobbler pecking at some seed in a field.

No comments: